Interior Plastic Breakage

CODA

Interior Plastic Breakage

Post by CODA »

I was considering purchasing one, but every car I looked at, the interior looked like crap because of cracked, broken plastic. I don't know if this is due to the southern climate here. I also did not like the fact that the angle of the hood obstructed access to the front of the engine. It looked like you would need to remove the fender to do some service.
ericbs1975

Re: Interior Plastic Breakage

Post by ericbs1975 »

We have a '99. Not really cracked up too much. Main things are the silver paint on the steering wheel where your thumbs would be starts to wear down, headliner coming loose, and cupholder things coming loose. With the dash I can see where it would crack if left in intense sun repeatedly. I think that to do any substantial work the fenders have to come off due to the confined engine bay.
LudwigVan

Re: Interior Plastic Breakage

Post by LudwigVan »

Usual tradeoffs. The hood line is sweet on this car so that the road view is excellent.

That means sucky access. Luckily on mine, I have only been into the engine once from below, so that hasn't been necessary.

All the replaceable components (alternator, starter, compressor, PS pump) are going on 14 years old in good form.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic